[postgis-users] Errors in loading table with geom which was produced with pg-dump

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri Jan 24 04:33:59 PST 2020

Dear Shi,

Is it really that difficult to provide the people trying to help you with the information they need to do so...?

Provide the FULL commands you use to dumps and import, so including parameters, settings etc. I am certain you do not just type "psql.exe" and then expect the import to happen...

Why not copy the actual error messages you get?

--
Barend

On 24/01/2020, 12:44, "postgis-users on behalf of Shaozhong SHI" <postgis-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:postgis-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of shishaozhong at gmail.com<mailto:shishaozhong at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi, Raul Marin Rodriguez,

We are using PostgreSQL version 10.10 and postgis version 2.4.8 .

The command used for dump the data is pg_dump.exe.

The command used for import data is psql.exe.

The error message is full of invalid commands.

Regards,

Shao

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 17:28, <rmrodriguez at carto.com<mailto:rmrodriguez at carto.com>> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 6:23 PM Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong at gmail.com<mailto:shishaozhong at gmail.com>> wrote:

> I used pg_dump to dump a table with from.  Then, I used psql to load it to another database, but it showed numerous errors.
>
> Why does that happen?

Hi,

You are not providing any information to debug the issue. The
following information would help:
- Postgresql and Postgis version of both the source and target database.
- The command used to dump the data.
- The command used to import the data.
- The error messages.

--