[postgis-users] Determine Out of DB Raster full path to file name

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Mar 4 17:40:11 PST 2020

You are probably looking at the raw table with filename that gets put in by -F

To get the full path, use ST_BandPath

https://postgis.net/docs/manual-3.0/RT_ST_BandPath.html

I'll put an example in the docs for it -- sorry for the missing example.

Your query should look something like

SELECT rid, filename, ST_BandPath(rast,1) AS full_path
FROM ahn3.ahn3_69cn2_out
LIMIT 10;

Note that ST_BandPath is a band meta data function, thus the extra band arg, not raster meta data.

The reason for that is postgis raster supports cases where each band of a specific raster  comes from a different file (though you can't really achieve such a crazy goal by using raster2pgsql I don't think), but you can with SQL.

Hope that helps,
Regina