[postgis-users] Help with SQL

paul.malm at lfv.se paul.malm at lfv.se
Tue Mar 10 03:04:23 PDT 2020

Thanks Felix!

Från: postgis-users [mailto:postgis-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] För Felix Kunde
Skickat: den 9 mars 2020 10:33
Till: postgis-users at lists.osgeo.org
Kopia: postgis-users at lists.osgeo.org
Ämne: Re: [postgis-users] Help with SQL

Hi Paul,

no need for subqueries here. Do a spatial join between polygon and points and start you query with DISTINCT ON (poly.id) poly.id, o.height etc.

DISTINCT ON (poly.id) will get you one row from the JOIN result per polygon. Which one it picks you can control with the final ORDER BY clause - in your case the height values of points.
The first column in the ORDER BY must be the "group" of your DISTINCT ON and then the height value.

cheers
Felix