[postgis-users] Fwd: Re: Broken installs for PostGIS for Ubuntu 20.04LTS / Focal?

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Thu May 14 01:32:32 PDT 2020

I think I solved it.
The issue lies with gdal, not postgis (test by running `gdalinfo`), and it
turns out there was an old install of libgeos (3.7) in my /us/local/lib.
After simply removing all related files in /usr/local/lib gdal (and postgis
and qgis) stopped complaining (I had to remove old installs of geos, proj
and sfcgal for that).

This issue put me on the right track:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/2214

T.