[postgis-users] Postgis Update from 2.4 to 3.0

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 26 05:45:55 PDT 2020

There is one key step that tripped me up - the raster part of PostGIS was split into its own extension.  After updating the extensions within Postgres, the new postgis-raster extension will be "updated" as an "unpackaged" extension - it won't be visible but will be there and usable.  It could cause trouble later if you upgrade Postgis again or Postgres (I had a couple missing raster functions that caused a Postgres upgrade failure).

To fix this see the manual, there's a note at the bottom of the  soft upgrade with extensions section.

-----
William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>
<http://www.kyngchaos.com>