[postgis-users] Postgis and ArcGIS Data Store

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Thu Nov 5 10:16:02 PST 2020

I think the only thing you need to do is to make sure the second
instance does not use one of the reserved port numbers that ArcGIS Data
Store uses
(https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/data-store/latest/install/windows/ports-used-by-arcgis-data-store.htm).
That way, the instances are likely totally independent and should not
interfere, even when running on the same server, assuming ArcGIS Data
Store uses its own installation folders etc.

By default, PostgreSQL uses port 5432, and this is easily changeable via
the "postgresql.conf" config file. Based on the link to the reserved
post numbers of ArcGIS Data Store, it appears there is no conflict, so
you likely are OK running them together.

Marco