[postgis-users] Relationship between PostGIS, Azure and its various components

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:25:58 PDT 2020

>  I would like to see that PostgreSQL/PostGIS can play an important role
on the Azure.

As I see
Microsoft investing a lot of money in the PostgreSQL
- acquired Citus Data  (2019.01)  https://github.com/citusdata
- and supporting three key PostgreSQL committers
https://www.citusdata.com/blog/2020/03/03/azure-and-postgres-committers/

And PostGIS (+postgis_sfcgal;postgis_topology )  on the supported extension
list ..
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/azure/postgresql/concepts-hyperscale-extensions

Imre

Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. szept. 8.,