[postgis-users] Promoting PostgreSQL and PostGIS to wider business intelligence community

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Thu Sep 24 15:30:23 PDT 2020

wrong link - here it goes https://github.com/karstenv/dynamic_layers_qgis

  _____

From: karsten [mailto:karsten at terragis.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 15:29
To: 'PostGIS Users Discussion'
Subject: RE: [postgis-users] Promoting PostgreSQL and PostGIS to wider
business intelligence community

Ruven: yes interesting thoughts and probably you are correct with many of
your points.

Regarding if PostGIS has a relevance to be used directly:  that is a hard
one to answer - depending what tools and skills a user has available in the
tool belt

However, in order to throw something into the example mix here is a GitHUB
repro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EC-cZWEUc
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EC-cZWEUc&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be where I have some examples on how PostGIS and dynamic
layers can be used in QGIS desktop. The repro also has some more advanced
uses of plpython functions that enable cool dynamic data visualizations e.g.
of dynamic weather data via PostGIS
If anyone is interested there is a link to a video talk from QGIS NA 2020
with more details on there as well ...

Cheers
Karsten
  _____