[postgis-users] Error: "Precision reduction requires GEOS-3.9 or higher"

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sun Apr 18 12:11:02 PDT 2021

It also appears someone else already raised this issue recently:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB2Z92DeQM2mjfMGfoWadp7OegfqMGi_sO_VE8%3Dt0WUWGa%2B6VQ%40mail.gmail.com

Reading through the thread, the next Debian release at the end of 2021
should ship with GEOS 3.9.0. As I understood it, Ubuntu packaging
follows on after Debian, isn't it? So general availability is likely at
the end of this year at the earliest... A bit of patience is still
needed I guess.

Marco