[postgis-users] Parallel spatial indexing for GiST?

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sun Jan 24 22:06:57 PST 2021

> To add the support for different geometries, like polygons, you would need
> before to define some sorting algorithm similar to Z-order for points - not
> sure the same algos can be used for other geometries, maybe reducing them
> to the related bbox and considering the bbox vertices? Although PostGIS
> lately included natural sorting of geometries based on Hilbert curves, can
> someone else confirm this eventually?

Yep, that's all pieces of multi-year cross-project improvement. We spent
some years on algorithms, then we lacked infrastructure, now postgres added
infrastructure and after they push out we can start using it. You're
welcome to join the ride and help testing.

--
Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
OSM BY Team - http://openstreetmap.by/