[postgis-users] Build PostGIS 3 MSVC

Andrés Nadal protoplanetario at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:39:31 PDT 2021

Hello everybody.

Sorry, English is not my native language.

I have compiled a long chain of dependencies, to try to build PostGIS with
MSVC 2019, with all its dependencies also built with MSVC 2019, since I
have PostgreSQL built with MSVC 2019.

But, it seems not possible to build postGIS with MSCV 2019.

I tried to create a makefile for nmake, to build shp2pgsql-gui.exe, but I
found the dependency on GTK and GLIB, this is out of scale.

I do not understand, if this is a consequence of PostGIS not being possible
with MSVC or it is possible to do extra work, to solve and replace these
libraries with windows.

I have no problem working to try to build PostGIS with MSVC.

However, I can't see how to deal with the problems and understand what the
PostGIS code architecture looks like.

I have not been able to find documentation, that helps to understand the
problems that exist, to build PostGIS with MSVC 2019.

Can someone help me?

Thanks