[postgis-users] "postgis-3" extension in PostgreSQL extension list of pgAdmin

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed Nov 3 06:11:06 PDT 2021

  Hi all,

Having to re-create a database using pgAdmin, I just wondered what the
"postgis-3" extension represents that is visible in the list of
suggested extensions in pgAdmin? I have always ignored the entry, and
chosen "postgis", which seems to work fine, but I have never quite
understood what the "*-3" post fixed extension objects are (e.g. there
is also a "postgis_raster-3" visible next the to "postgis_raster" one).

Can someone explain?

Marco