[postgis-users] "postgis-3" extension in PostgreSQL extension list of pgAdmin

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Nov 3 10:00:46 PDT 2021

[Regina Obe]
Are you running Debian or Ubuntu?  I think that is a specific packaging.
I recall seeing that funniness on a Debian install.

The extension should just be postgis, but I think for some reason they also created an alias -3 to differentiate it from postgis (which the default version might be 2.5 depending on what OS you are on and the default version for the -3 would be 3.something.

So they had essentially created two postgis.control files one postgis.control and one postgis-3.control so they could control the default for each.

I'd just try using plain old postgis and in the drop down of versions, see if you see a 3.something