[postgis-users] Qgis + PostGis. Low operating speed.

Alessandro Pasotti elpaso-lists at itopen.it
Wed Dec 14 07:45:01 PST 2022

Il 14/12/22 16:25, Regina Obe ha scritto:

> That’s a bummer.  You know how long that has been?  I recall it
> working when postgis raster access from QGIS was more or less a
> straight connection to GDAL.  I think that changed in the past 2-3
> years or so.

Hi,

PG raster QGIS data provider was merged in 2019, it does use overviews
except when there is a SQL where condition in the layer definition, if
it doesn't it is a bug.

See: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/47815

Relevant parts:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/postgres/raster/qgspostgresrasterprovider.cpp#L2340