[postgis-users] error: Directed line merging requires GEOS-3.11 or higher

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Dec 21 05:58:59 PST 2022

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 12:02:03PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> Sandro and Paul, is there any way we can expose the compiled version of GEOS and Proj?

I don't think there's a speicific function but some functions
do include the compiled-in version in the error message, like
ST_FrechetDistance does for instance, for builds against
GEOS < 3.7.0 and ST_MaximumInscribedCircle for builds against
GEOS < 3.9.0. But it's an encoded version (2 digits per minor
and patch numbers).

It may be useful indeed to have a "compiled-against" function,
file a feature request ticket ?

--strk;