[postgis-users] "value out of range: underflow" blocking error

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sun Feb 6 23:17:43 PST 2022

Hi,

Anyone else seeing this issue pop up, possibly after a recent update to
a PostgreSQL related component, or something that PostgreSQL / PostGIS
is dependent on?

I am still not sure if it is caused by something in my own coding, and I
first though this might be related to an attempt to upgrade to
PostgreSQL 14, but after restoring my machine to PostgreSQL 13(.5), I
still see this error blocking the successful execution of a crucial
query in my toolchain, that used to run fine up until recently.

I noticed there has been some very recent discussion about this same
type of error on a PostgreSQL mailing list:

https://postgrespro.ru/list/thread-id/2580248

Marco