[postgis-users] Help shaping the future: how do your use of spatial_ref_sys ?

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Wed Feb 9 08:20:13 PST 2022

Hi Jim,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 15:55, Jim Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also looked into submitting the SRSs to EPSG so we could have official
> numbers assigned, but at the time they didn't appear interested in county
> sized coordinate systems.

For what it's worth, my understanding is that EPSG are much happier these
days to accept any CRS that's actually in real use, rather than applying
some arbitrary threshold of importance. Still takes a few months to get it
in, and a few more months/years until the change flows downstream, but it's
a start.

Rob.