[postgis-users] Inconsistent behavior with ST_Within across versions

Carsten Byrman byrman+postgis at posteo.nl
Thu Feb 10 22:41:08 PST 2022

Hello,

I noticed inconsistent behavior with ST_Within across different PostgreSQL-PostGIS versions. Most notably, the outcome (not performance) of my query is determined by the presence of an index, which strikes me as odd. I filed my first bug report about 3 months ago and I expect no solution any time soon, but am just not sure I chose the appropriate milestone/component/version: https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5025 <https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5025>. Perhaps it’s not even a PostGIS but a PostgreSQL issue. Could you please give me some guidance here?

Thanks, Carsten