[postgis-users] No extension

Simon SPDBA Greener simon at spdba.com.au
Wed Sep 28 23:02:35 PDT 2022

Regina,

Thanks for the reply.

 > What does

>  SELECT *FROM geometry_columns;

 > Return.  I’m guessing maybe QGIS is complaining about lack of spatial
tables.

It returns a data grid showing all the spatial layers.

 > Looked like your PostgreSQL 13 is running on 5432, you could just
disable it.  I assume it’s maybe still running in services?

The strange thing was that it had been uninstalled. I removed the rogue
connection in PgAdmin 4 and it fixed the problem.

In my new instance I created a database for each of the backup
databases, execute "create extension postgis" for all of them, then
restored the original data from the backups successfully. I am still
getting this in qGIS logs...

2022-09-29T14:38:36     WARNING No PostGIS support in the database.

2022-09-29T14:38:36     WARNING Database connection was successful, but
the accessible tables could not be determined.

regards

Simon

--
Simon Greener
39 Cliff View Drive, Allens Rivulet, 7150, Tasmania, Australia
(m)simon at spdba.com.au