[postgis-users] No extension

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 29 17:31:54 PDT 2022

When you use the PostgreSQL installer on windows,
If you have a PostgreSQL instance running already on Port 5432, it defaults
the port to the next available increment port.

So my guess is you had your bitnami running on Port 5432, it detected that,
so then installed on Port 5433.

So your old would have 5432, your new PostgreSQL 14 would be 5433.

That's why I mentioned, if you wanted it to run on default PostgreSQL 5432,
you can do the

Run the sql:
ALTER SYSTEM Set port = '5432';

Then restart the service.

And that registry change I mentioned.

Open regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Services\postgresql-x64-14\

Key: Port

The registry change you do so if you install other extensions such as
postgis or pgAgent that need to connect to the database, they read the port
number from the registry and default to that. I think pgAdmin4 also when you
first setup reads port from registry.

Behalf