[postgis-users] Failing regression tests

Paul Förster paul.foerster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:40:13 PST 2023

Hi,

I'm new here, so please excuse me if this is a duplicate question, but I just can't find an answer anywhere.

I downloaded and compiled PostGIS 3.4.1. I have to compile the source for a variety of reasons. So unfortunately, I can't just take a precompiled package. But I'm also not much of a developer and hence my knowledge is limited in that area.

I also have to download an compile the following additional things which PostGIS seems to rely on (am I missing something?):

CGAL-5.6-library.tar.xz
gdal-3.8.1.tar.gz
geos-3.12.0.tar.bz2
hdf5-1_14_3.tar.gz
postgis-3.4.1.tar.gz
proj-9.3.0.tar.gz
protobuf-c-1.3.2-1.62.x86_64.rpm
SFCGAL-v1.4.1.tar.gz

Especially protobuf-c is a pain. I have to use SLES 15.5 (and for testing openSUSE Leap 15.5). With the SUSE flavor distribution(s), the package versions are a mess and I have to stay current. Hence the downloaded source packages above. Also, this happens no matter what PostgreSQL versions I use (also compiled from source).

With this, I build everything fine, but when I run the regression tests, they fail. It's always the same set of tests that fail and I just can't make it work.

How can I know from the tests where to look? Or what did I do wrong?

Here's the list of tests that fail:

 regress/core/in_gml .. failed (diff expected obtained: /home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/postgis_reg/test_24_diff)
 regress/core/in_kml .. failed (diff expected obtained: /home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/postgis_reg/test_25_diff)
 regress/core/in_marc21 .. failed (diff expected obtained: /home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/postgis_reg/test_26_diff)
 regress/core/out_marc21 .. failed (diff expected obtained: /home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/postgis_reg/test_27_diff)
 regress/core/tickets .. failed (diff expected obtained: /home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/postgis_reg/test_86_diff)
 uninstall .. ok (5355)

Run tests: 330
Failed: 5
make[1]: *** [regress/runtest.mk:24: check-regress] Error 5
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/postgres/postgis-3.4.1/build/postgis-3.4.1'
make: *** [GNUmakefile:98: installcheck-base] Error 2

I'd very much appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Paul