[postgis-users] out db: not able to query the raster

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Dec 6 15:04:20 PST 2023

Yah the data directory is less likely to have screwed up permissions that the postgres account can’t access.  So I would go with Jorge’s idea.

That said I would think that having permission with r r r  should do the trick and the fact you can get a directory listing suggests the postgres process can at least read the list of files.

The only thing I can think of is maybe something is locking those files in some write mode preventing any other process from reading.  I’m assuming you are done with loading so shouldn’t be that.

To rule out postgis raster is at fault, maybe try restarting the service and do that pg_stat_file check again immediately after restarting.

Regarding your question about “Why is it offline? It's there.”

It’s offline because it’s not in your database. Out-db / offline are equivalent terminology in postgis raster.  We should probably change that terminology to out-db cause offline means not reachable in other contexts and just confusing.  I think calling it out-db is a lot clearer.