[postgis-users] Upgrade 12->13 stuck due to postgis / raster issue

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jan 23 23:07:06 PST 2023

Jim,

Sorry I had missed the thread Roxanne had written.

So you already ran twice

SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();

SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();

And still shows raster is UNPACKAGED.

If you did delete some raster functions in panic, then I think that would prevent it from being upgraded.

You want to first make sure you don’t have raster tables running the below query should return no records.

SELECT *

FROM raster_columns;

Easy fix especially if you don’t need raster support, is to run the uninstall raster script I had attached in that mailing list thread Roxanne pointed to

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-users/attachments/20200529/e32c5d8c/attachment.obj

That should cleanly get rid of all remnants of raster.

Hope that helps,

Regina