[postgis-users] Help installing h3 extension on postgres 11 with postgis 3.3

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Mar 17 13:36:03 PDT 2023

Well that error suggests the path it is looking for is not right or a permissions issue?

I’d first try reinstalling the postgis package from here on your production server  –

https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/pg11/postgis-bundle-pg11x64-setup-3.3.2-2.exe

Then repeat the CREATE EXTENSION h3; in the databases.

If you still get the same error, check the permissions on the h3.dll in your C:\Program Files/PostgreSQL/11/lib/h3.dll  and verify it’s the same permissions as the postgis-3.dll in the same folder, which I assume is working.

Also make sure you have no virus thing blocking access.

You can also upgrade your PostgreSQL 11 to the latest.  Just install over your existing, no need to uninstall to upgrade it.