[OSRS-PROJ] SOM-A

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Fri Jan 23 17:45:02 PST 2004

John originally published his SOM the same month I published a paper on
single-ray rectification in "Photogrammetric Engineering."  I think it was
'77 or '78.  (You know you're getting old when you can't remember the
year).  Anyway, I've got some of John's old typewritten and handwritten
manuscripts as well as his hardbound USGS volume on his SOM.  No, you can't
have it.

However, let me know what details you think you need, I'll copy or scan
them and mail them to you.

Cliff Mugnier
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

-------------------------------------

Oh boy!  The only amount that I have looked at it was many years ago and
that was only to check that it could replicate JPS' test numbers.  I
will give it
a quick look and see if I understand any of it.

At the moment I am about half way through omerc and trying to figure out
a computation in gctp/prpj that is not documented anywhere.  BTW, EPSG
is
*not* a very good code source.  What is in there is basically JSP'
workup
but lacks some critical details.  It is not from Hotine.