[Proj] Hi

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Tue Mar 17 03:58:38 PDT 2009

Pieter wrote:

> I've got some information from the web that indicates that Gauss-Kruger divides zones of width 3*.
> I also found text saying its is the same as UTM with zones of 6* and that only the scale factor changes to 1.0 . Does any one know the real answer?

Both conventions exist, and a few more national ones.
See http://www.cartotalk.com/lofiversion/index.php?t3633.html for a discussion, and some more links.
In summary, if someone says "Gauss-Krüger zone number n", then you have not the slightest idea what it means...

Best regards,
--
Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB

I've got some information from the web that indicates that Gauss-Kruger divides zones of width 3*. I also found text saying its is the same as UTM with zones of 6* and that only the scale factor changes to 1.0 . Does any one know the real answer?

If I do a UTM with a scalefactor of 1.0 will that be a gauss kruger projection?

Anyone?

thanks