[Proj] Are there newer windows builds than 4.4.6?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 18 08:02:54 PST 2011

On 11-02-18 12:35 AM, Kulawik, Norbert wrote:
> I suspect this all is because the windows version of PROJ.4 is a bit
> old. Since I have no knowledge or tools to build it myself, is there a
> place where newer versions of PROJ.4 are available as an executable
> build?

Norbert,

More recent PROJ.4 binaries are included in a number of software
distributions including OSGeo4W, FWTools and likely MS4W.

   http://osgeo4w.osgeo.org/
   http://fwtools.maptools.org/
   http://www.maptools.org/ms4w

It has been some time since I last build standalone binaries for PROJ.4
for the download site.  If someone wished to contribute a recent build
I could put it on the download site.

Best regards,