[PROJ] Vertical Transformations?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Feb 20 12:20:22 PST 2019

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> writes:

> On 2/20/19 7:25 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I'm in the process of updating the pkgsrc package to
>> have the new regional files also.
>
> Note that if your distribution requires fine-grained documentation of
> license & copyright information for the files in the regional
> proj-datumgrid archives, the maintenance burden is non-trivial.

A good point.  I scanned them and they seem to be all Free licenses, and
we worry about the details far more when licenses are problematic.

If any of the licenses don't meet the DFSG (or the FSF Free definitinon),
I would be interested in knowing that, as that seems a much bigger deal
than simply not wanting to spend the time doing license bookeeping about
licenses that are ok.

> This is why I will not be packaging the regional proj-datumgrid packages
> for Debian. Users will need to download the tarballs and unpack their
> content into /usr/share/proj themselves.

Thanks for letting me know how you're handling it.