[PROJ] PROJ 6.0.0RC4

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Feb 27 06:30:32 PST 2019

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

>> My discrepancy list follows.  The first four seem to be files removed
>> from the included datumgrids, and I wonder if that's the plan.  (And if
>> so, if it merits being in NEWS.)
>
> Yes, those removals are intended.
> But I don't see the addition of the new proj.db file (but I assume you took it
> into account since it is mentionned in NEWS). This is critical to have it
> installed in $prefix/share/proj

Sorry, what I meant is that I adjusted the list of expected files when
there was a hint in NEWS that it was intended, and what I posted was the
changes that I could not reliably conclude were intended.  I'm just
trying to guard against codifying a platform-specific build bug in the
packaging.

OK, I dropped those four.

>> The header files look like they are intended to be installed, but given
>> that there are in 5.2.0 4 header files installed with 1 deprecated, I
>> wanted to check.   Is this list of files "Added C++ API exposing
>> ISO19111 functionality" from NEWS?
>
> Yes all .h and .hpp files you mention below should be installed

OK, I added those.  So now 6.0.0RC4 is packaging fine (with the bashism
remediation patch, that I see has been committed on the branch, thanks).
Under pkgsrc, tests pass on macOS 10.13 (and hence x86_64).

proj builds on NetBSD 7 i386 and NetBSD 8 evbearmv7hf-el (RPI3).  There
are some test issues, but so far I suspect they are not proj issues;
I'll follow up when/if I have something useful to say.

I will probably wait a bit after the release to commit it, though,
because I suspect a number depending programs will have issues.  I'm
running a build of all the things I have installed against it now.  I
don't meant to criticize proj by that - there are a lot of not really
maintained packages out there, and any interface removal in a
widely-used package ends up being trouble.