[PROJ] Proj 6.2 - release date fixed?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:06:38 PDT 2019

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 16:34, Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk> wrote:

> Between now and the scheduled September 1st release I don’t have much
> time for preparing a new release. I will be vacationing for the majority of the
> time and in the limited time that is left I have higher priority work that needs
> to be done. So based on that alone I am inclined to say no, I am not going
> To fast track the 6.2.0 release.

Fair enough! Enjoy the vacations!

> Looking at the QGIS release schedule it doesn’t seem catastrophic to me.
> As far as I can tell you have 3.8.3 coming up September 13 and 3.10.0 on
> October 25. That gives you a month of real world user exposure of the
> PROJ6.2+GDAL3+QGIS combination. While it is not perfect, surely the most
> immediate issues will be found within that timespan?

There's no real issue with using proj 6.1 here, life is just better
with 6.2 :) I'm going to be pushing for the transition to happen
sometime over the next fortnight, so that the change will happen with
3.8.2. (I'm wanting maximum testing before the 3.10 LTR release).

Nyall