[PROJ] Fwd: Re: Static/Dynamic Webmapping Problem version 2.0

support at mnspoint.com support at mnspoint.com
Tue Jul 23 06:12:45 PDT 2019

Hello,

we use a very simple approach to handle plate shiftings related to
whatever datums:

We simply add always a date with the point coordinates. Additionally we
have the datum reference also stored (or use wgs84 always when storing).
So if there is any need to shift the point later related to the date
when it was defined and when it is later referenced we can do it (the
program does it). As said by storing the date with the coordinates and
datum takes care of any later shifts.

Basically this is exatly the same as creating a new datum (ex. GDA2020)
every now and then but it is much more accurate also since it is
accurate to a day and not just some time year 2020.

Regards. Janne.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A4Q8-863fKQ-BJzh0ruz7bKvk3itiy8LmmWrwUR1J9g/edit#heading=h.nn4r38g65fhf