[PROJ] Static/Dynamic Webmapping Problem version 2.0

Nick Mein nick_mein at trimble.com
Mon Jul 15 19:05:12 PDT 2019

Well put Greg.

Cameron is correct that Australia is encountering issues earlier than (most
of?) the rest of the world, due to the GDA94 -> GDA2020 datum modernisation
program. The USA is going to encounter the same issues with the NSRS 2022
datum modernisation.
But they are not intractable issues. If you have one (high precision)
dataset that is GDA94 and another (high precision) dataset is GDA2020 then
you can combine them, using one of the transformations published on
https://www.icsm.gov.au/datum/gda-transformation-products-and-tools. Since
velocities in both GDA94 and GDA2020 are virtually zero, you don't need to
know the epoch of measurement.

If you have a dataset that is "WGS84", then who knows what you will get.

Regards,
Nick.