[PROJ] Static/Dynamic Webmapping Problem version 2.0

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jul 15 04:58:21 PDT 2019

  I'm a little nervous that I've overwhelmed people by the number of pages
  I've used to describe the web-mapping misaligned maps problem.

It might also help to have your notes in plain text and actually send
them to the list, after editing for minimum length :-)

I can certainly see the issues of datum epoch in high precision data,
but I'm having a little trouble following the linking of "web mapping"
into this.

Are you saying that the datum labeling is correct in the underlying
data, and the only issue is in sending it across web-type interfaces,
due to lack of codepoints?

Are you expecting coordinates for objects to have velocities as well as
xyz/llh values?

Is this at all related to questions lIke "Openstreetmap says they use
"WGS84" coordinates for objects.  What does that really mean?".  (And
there are similar questions for other databases, with the addition or
"but we can't actually see the underlying data so this is even harder to
talk about".)