[PROJ] Release schedule between version 6.0.0 and 7.0.0

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Mar 6 06:41:40 PST 2019

Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk> writes:

> I've set up a very simple GitHub wiki page for this purpose. I've just added
> GDAL as an example for now. Feel free to add more to this.
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki/proj.h-adoption-status

I added libspatialite.

I also added the notion of when things are fixed in actual releases vs
on the master branch, because packaging systems prefer releases and most
users do too.

I would say that depending packages should be update to build with proj
6, but they should continue to build with proj 5.2.0.   It makes things
much harder to have to do simultaneous updates.   I think given that
proj.h has been around for all of 5 and maybe even earlier, this is not
a problem.    I just wanted to point out that building with proj 6 and
not 5 is also a bug and will remain so until not updating to proj 6 is
lame, which I'd say is at least 6 months after the last significant
dependency has a release that works with it.