[PROJ] Announcing PROJ 6.0.0

support at mnspoint.com support at mnspoint.com
Tue Mar 12 07:25:05 PDT 2019

Hello,

after checking the latest release "6.0 ..." we have decided NOT to
support it or 5.0. We continue to support older C version of Proj.4

Reasons: lot of slow, complicated, buggy and unwanted features and c++
dependence!!

We hope that this list and official Proj.X will be divide to several
versions like:

Proj - Java version (or wrapper)
Proj - c++ version (or wrapper)
Proj - c version (the old fast one)
etc etc

and maybe to some additional libraries which can be added if required
... not to increase or slow down the performance of the application
using them. There is NO point to include all spam in this library!!

Janne.