[PROJ] Announcing PROJ 6.0.0

Roger Oberholtzer roger.oberholtzer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 03:41:49 PDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:02 AM Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Build:
>
> It took me a couple reads before I realized that it was telling me to install the sqlite3 binary
>
> Yes, build and test is dramatically slower for me.  Went from ~15 sec to ~35 sec on my dev machine with aprox debian-testing as the Linux dist.  It's a >1 year old desktop with 28 cores with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz
>
> rm -rf build-ninja; time (mkdir -p build-ninja && cd build-ninja && cmake -GNinja .. && cmake --build . && ctest .)
>
> real 0m37.333s
> user 6m50.775s
> sys 0m34.070s
>
> I can certainly live with 35 sec to do a from scratch build and test!

The build time is perhaps not so interesting to me. I am more
interested in the time it takes to do a transformation. A comparison
of something 'simple' like transforming a WGS84 lat/long in to some
typical northing/easting could be interesting. How has this
performance changed in common use cases (whatever those are)?

--
Roger Oberholtzer