[PROJ] Proj 6 API questions

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 19 03:27:13 PDT 2019

On mardi 19 mars 2019 10:15:19 CET Kristian Evers wrote:
> > Sure -- got any tips on where this is done? I'm new to the proj code.
>

> I am no expert in this, but generally a good starting point is here:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/tree/master/data/sql
>
> I would recommend adding a new SQL file instead of appending an
> existing one.  You will probably have to adjust makefiles in the parent
> directory as well.

There are 2 files currently that are open for manual modifications:
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/data/sql/customizations.sql
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/data/sql/grid_transformation_custom.sql

(the DDL are in proj_db_table_defs.sql)

customizations.sql would be the appropriate one for adding custom ellipsoids.
We might revisit the structure of this in the future if they grow a bit out of
control, but hopefully the 'PROJ' authority will not have to grow too much...