[PROJ] OSGeo incubation status

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 9 23:15:53 PDT 2019

On 9/10/19 8:08 AM, Kristian Evers wrote:
> We have a bunch of files without a license header present. The copyright holder
> is inferred from the git log. Should we add headers to those files? Also, in many
> files substantial work has been done by several developers, even though only
> one is stated as the copyright holder. I assume because the developer has
> forgotten to add their name in the header. We can also infer those from git, but
> is that something that we ought to do?

You'll have assess whether the changes are eligible for copyright from
the diff, as trivial changes aren't copyrightable.

You don't have to add every author of changes, if they don't add a
copyright statement of their own, they may have just chosen to wave
their claim and implicitly grant it to the project.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1