[PROJ] Why do I have a exception: NoSuchAuthorityCodeException?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 17 09:20:12 PDT 2020

> Is it normal practice to throw exceptions in the correct code?

Take 2 different C++ developers and they will likely a "yes" and a "no" answer.
"Throw" a third one and you'll get another answer, so I will refrain from giving my
own opinion :-)

https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/2160 should avoid internal exceptions for
that particular use case, but I'm aware of other locations where exceptions will be
thrown. Avoiding that could be a bit painful

Normally you should be able to tune your debugger not to stop on exceptions. Well,
gdb doesn't stop by default on them at least.