[PROJ] libproj4 archived in a github repo [was Re: "eck_greif" projection, "libproject"?]

Oscar van Vlijmen vanadovv at hetnet.nl
Thu Mar 5 12:12:42 PST 2020

libproj4.3_20081120
Cartographic Projections
libproject C library
http://home.comcast.net/~gevenden56/proj/index.html

This is the link I donwloaded the latest version of Libproj from.
It could be that this link is dead.

I noticed that a lot of projections coded in Libproj are missing in Proj.
Take the Mayr projection. Horrible, since Evenden in a later version enforced the inclusion of GNU GSL, totally unnecessary since the quadrature integration doesn't provide much more accuracy.
Anyhow, Libproj could provide some amusement to some.......

Greetings,
Oscar van Vlijmen