[PROJ] PROJ 7.2.0RC1 and PROJ-data 1.3RC1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 26 05:55:40 PDT 2020

On lundi 26 octobre 2020 13:34:12 CET Kristian Evers wrote:
> That’s weird, I’ve set them exactly the same in both CMake and autotools:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/commit/3bd548d816f141b617c7b3252e22b4f0b7fdd35
> 2
> <https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/commit/3bd548d816f141b617c7b3252e22b4f0b7fdd
> 352>
>
> Is this perhaps because PROJ_API_VERSION in CmakeLists.txt should be set to
> current-age instead of just current?

Yes

and PROJ_BUILD_VERSION should not be set to current:revision:age, but to X.Y.Z
which only non-mortals can guess from current:revision:age. The pragramatic
way of having X.Y.Z right is to do a autoconf build and look at the generated
libproj.so.X.Y.Z . But this would only work on the operating system from which
you did the build, since the libtool current:revision:age versionning scheme
translates to different X.Y.Z versions given the operating system... So it
seems there's no way to make sure that a cmake build will result in the same
.so.* files as a autoconf+libtool build