[PROJ] World UTM in a proper datum

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Sat Apr 17 12:44:17 PDT 2021

Hi

Maybe there is a better place to talk about this, but I do not know which
one. I hope somebody from EPSG is reading this, and may give me a clue.

We have talked many times about the lack of accuracy of WGS84 (EPSG:4326),
the datum ensemble, etc.
The problem is that I miss an accurate equivalent of the projected family
"WGS84 / UTM zone XXY"(EPSG:326XX and EPSG327XX) for XX between 1 and 60
and Y is N or S. It would be nice something similar (a worldwide projected
CRSs on UTM), but over a proper accurate and well defined geographic CRS
(ITRF2014, WGS84(G1762), etc).

Do you know if there is any plan? Or do they exist and I was not able to
find them?

Thanks.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.