[PROJ] proj8 and NAD27 <-> NAD83 transform

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal kirk.waters at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 3 13:03:02 PDT 2021

Even,
I decided to script out adding the transforms to the proj.db file so I can
automatically have my system add them when new proj.db files get released.
One thing I haven't figured out is how the extent is associated with the
transform. For 8971, I don't see anything in the helmert_transformation
table that looks close except the 'IOGP-Usa GoM' for the operation version.
EPSG.org shows the extent code for transform 8971 is 3357, which matches
what I find in the extent table, but I don't see where in proj.db that's
happening. The name for extent 3357 is 'USA - GoM OCS', so it doesn't match
the helmert_transformation entry for 8971. Apologies if I'm asking
something that's clearly laid out. I just haven't found the right docs yet.

Kirk