[PROJ] PROJ 8.1.0RC1 & PROJ-data 1.7RC1

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jun 28 09:58:26 PDT 2021

Thanks Even, to be more specific here is what I think I meant:

- the location of where grids are downloaded using the projsync utility
(on Windows the default is "C:/Users/name with spaces/AppData/Local").
- the location of where the cache.db database is installed (on Windows
the default is "C:/Users/name with spaces/AppData/Local")
- the location of the grids that cache.db points to (on Windows the
default is "C:/Users/name with spaces/AppData/Local")

Ah, I wasn't aware of the PROJ_USER_WRITABLE_DIRECTORY but that sounds
like exactly what I was asking about.  Will test that here now (to test
that the grids can be downloaded to that specific directory, and
cache.db placed there, and that cache.db looks for the grid in that
defined directory).  Thanks!

-jeff