[PROJ] Building with VC 10 Express

dp couldabin at excite.com
Mon Mar 22 12:52:12 PDT 2021

Hello, I am just starting with the Proj libraries and have run into a wall immediately. I wrote a single-line program just to get my feet wet -- a call to proj_context_create() -- and while it compiles without any errors, on load it fails with  "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)".

I am working with Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1, VC 2010 Express. The libraries are the ones installed with the 32-bit version of OSGeo4W I installed for this purpose. The version of proj.exe that came with it is 6.3.2.

Thanks.