[PROJ] PROJ 9.0.0RC1 & PROJ-data 1.9RC1

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:01:02 PST 2022

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 22:35, Kristian Evers via PROJ
<proj at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the thorough explanation, Bas. It's much appreciated!
>
> Even, Mike: I haven't got strong opinions on this. Do you guys think it is
> worth the hassle to switch to the model Bas describes here?

Thanks for the ideas Bas! I like it, as it's much simpler to see one
incrementer.

If we decide to keep the incremented SONAME, then yes, let's implement
a simpler versioning for PROJ 9.0RC2. But if we decide to keep the
previous SONAME (due to no API/ABI break), then keep it libtool-style
until the next API/ABI break.