[PROJ] Ellipsoidal distances, with different heights

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Aug 28 03:04:05 PDT 2024

Or even simpler, compute geodesic distance on ellipsoid (a + h_mean, b +
h_mean) where h_mean is the mean of h_start and h_end.  If h_start and
h_end are small compared to a, I would expect whatever mean formula used
to lead to similar results. At least this method is guaranteed to give
the correct result when h_start = h_end = 0 ...