[PROJ] Extents of ETRS89 UTM zones

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jun 20 08:00:31 PDT 2024

> Be careful if your library or application does not consider the option
> of having more than one area of use per CRS. You may lose some data.

... and be careful if you use PROJ with CRS with multiple area of use
per CRS. It is not super ready for it. That's a major PITA to fully take
into account. In the part of the code where pipelines to transform from
CRS A to CRS B are computed, it will take into account only the first
extent.  Actually to fully take into account that complexity, we would
have to also takes into account the polygonal description of area of
uses, not just bounding boxes, another major complication. If people are
interested in those advanced capabilities, investments will have to be done.