[Proj4j] Test data from GeoTools - further suggestions

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed Feb 3 15:01:20 EST 2010

An interesting suggestion from Andrea Aime, the maintainer of the
GeoTools CRS library.

Martin Davis ha scritto:
> Thanks!
>
> The tough part is going to be mapping the WKT to Proj4 specs. Hmmm... if
> there was an automated way to do this in Proj4J...  8^)

Here is the GeoTools WKT parser:
http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/branches/2.6.x/modules/library/referencing/src/main/java/org/geotools/referencing/wkt/Parser.java

Maybe you can adapt it or get inspiration for a version that builds
Proj4j objects?

> Seems like a worthwhile thing to get some or all of this data converted
> into MetaCRS CSV format.  This data is really declarative (static) in
> nature, so IMO it's better to have it expressed in a declarative format,
> rather than a script (imperative format). My experience with JTS unit
> tests confirms this as well - the body of tests that exist are much more
> reusable since they can be read by any system that wants to use them.

Yeah, I'm not really fond of those scripts either, but they are there
and provide good guard against me messing with the referencing subsystem
(I'm the new mantainer, but nowhere near as good as Martin D. at it).

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect