[pycsw-devel] migration to github

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:30:25 PDT 2012

All: there has been discussion in migrating the codebase from svn to git, which will gives us all the benefits of using git, as well as using github as the platform, with its many features.

Currently, we have pycsw on github (http://github.com/geopython/pycsw) which is a mirror of our sf.net svn repo.

I propose the following:

- issue tracker: port tickets from sf.net trac to github issues.  I've tested this with success at https://github.com/tomkralidis/pycsw-trac-test/issues
- codebase: I've updated the github mirror to include all branches/tags
- wiki: we don't have too much content, so this will not be much porting
- website: unchanged, since we use OSGeo infrastructure

The one issue we will need to investigate is the OWSLib dependency, which is currently an svn external (OWSLib has migrated to github, so we have to update this regardless), so we could use either a setup.py install_requires parameter or use pip.

I will take care of the migration and update the release packaging steps.  The codebase is quiet right now so it would be a good time to migrate.

Thoughts/comments/objections?

Thanks

..Tom